Let me be Colorful

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Spring is Solid

Winter just wasn't my season and I'm hoping that soon I'll see life again
Everything has been dead
My heart no longer beats as fast
maybe two beats a breadth and sometimes I'm holding it
waiting for the world to unthaw
bring blood to my veins
and warmth to my core
I miss the smell of cotton sheets drying on the line
the way the road smells after the rain.. kind of like asphalt and worms
the cool green grass creeping between toes
and always having a flower to wish on
inhaling as much warm breeze to blow the pieces apart from the stem
what are the names of those flowers again? I just call them wishes
and this is no longer a poem
not that it ever was one
it's a pleasant pleading with mother nature to open her arms to sunlight again
to embrace the blessing of springtime
giving life to love time
why does the winter always make me feel unloved?
the snows heavy coat clogs my throat from breathing icicles into my esophogus
and I wonder if she'll listen
Mother I'm begging
bring me scents of springtime wrapped in blankets of summer
cusping on warm and hot nights where blankets are not needed
and fans run up your electricity bill
I'm tired of being cold

1 Comments:

  • At March 03, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger eden said…

    Mother I'm begging
    bring me scents of springtime wrapped in blankets of summer
    cusping on warm and hot nights where blankets are not needed
    and fans run up your electricity bill
    I'm tired of being cold


    i think youre writing my mind!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home