Let me be Colorful

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Breath of a Kiss

The stars exhaled tonight as they kissed the moon
there is something to be said about the breath shared in a kiss
no explanation or blame can come of this gravational pull of worlds bridging gaps with lips
like somehow the fire inside a star could spark the moon ablaze
changing the days light to be infinite so you could forever be illuminated in your eternal longing to shine
and I didnt mean to reference you as the moon
but you orbit around my thoughts in 24 hour cycles
eclipsing my day for a good portion right before the gray lifts and the sun wakes to see morning
It's funny how the moon changes daily in size
giving off whatever it can to light the skies
but loses its power as the days go by
so it gives away all it can before morning light
You are the moon's reflection- selfless
and I the stars eager to collect whatever you are willing to give me
and the breath shared in cosmic kisses turns darkened galaxies
to midsummers mornings
never a star in the sky because my
inferno of affection awakens the suns eyes too soon
I held onto night with two hands to keep you from leaving
we walked Orions belt until casseopia lit our lips to find eachother
weaving between constellations like continents
trying to keep feet on solid stardust
but the breath exchanged in our kiss made me leap for the moons embrace
once again
a night like tonight
where the stars were still breathing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home