Let me be Colorful

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Thoughts

I was lookin through my book of thinking tonight... here's a few thoughts for ya.


I held the moon between my thumb and forefinger
so you could give it a kiss-
you always were the one to tell me to believe in my dreams
and the sandman smiled and told you to keep up the good work.




I caught the stars from your eyes
and replaced them to the heavens-
you weren't worthy of god's work



I woke up with sand on my pillow
time had been scattered about white cotton sheets
given to me if i was willing
to dust it off and collect it in a jar
behind glass the seconds would stream
into the desert below
just hoping to be counted




The sunset yesterday for the first time this year
sending silhouettes to the back of darkened eyelids
night had never seemed so black
water colors no longer splacshed the sky
smearing daylight to dusk with solemn sentiments
a new dawn was upon us
a day of silent awakenings on soft sheets
toes stretched with arms raised tangled in cotton
a new day
eyes widened in possibility
it's impossible to feel the sun on skin
because it has moved within you taking space
in your womb giving birth to mother nature
recreating her solstace
the warm air of summer in your lungs
breathing essence of lilac and dew
winter ojnly rests in memories
a magnitude of motionless snowfall
still tows linger in sheets
cold mornings with breath bursting
from icey lungs longing to smell of sunrise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home