Let me be Colorful

Monday, March 06, 2006

Today, I gave two dollars to a man who was standing by the highway with a sign asking for handouts. I had three in my wallet, but only gave him two... and I wonder why? I mean there was a thought process behind it thinkin well what if I just need that dollar for something, but HELLO I have a home and a car to get there with but either way I kept that dollar... so I told him to take care of himself then I drove away. My mind kept doing laps around what had just happened though and I was thinking of all the possible scenarios as to why he is standing there looking for the kindness of others to help him survive and wondering how this happened to him.. how I could be any different?.. and then the whatifs.. what if I just gave two dollars to a man who was a rapist or murderer or just not a good human being but he is in fact a human being and it's not my judgement he needs to endure... It was seriously an emotional struggling continuing to my home.. he had blue eyes glazed with frost and a lost hope. they looked like honest eyes and I guess it's always a leap of faith when you offer to help another person because the truth is he's a person and his past is his own.. we all screw up, some more than others but I'd like to think that I gave two dollars to a man who needed a little sunshine and maybe a cup of coffee or even a beer because if he's sippin on spirits at least it's bringing him closer to God somehow and maybe it'll keep him a bit warmer through the chill

1 Comments:

  • At March 08, 2006 5:12 AM, Blogger eden said…

    "because if he's sippin on spirits at least it's bringing him closer to God somehow and maybe it'll keep him a bit warmer through the chill"


    pshhhhhhhhh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home