Let me be Colorful

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm All In

24 years spent
like pocket change
selflessly given to everyone looking for a hand out
but I was ready to invest in you
currently my currency has flatlined
I have nothing left to give
bankrupt before my stock market could crash
I need to get out before I fall.

He asked if I had any spare change
this metamorphesis I've been dealing has left me
in a chrysalis equating cents (sense) for silence
there is no jingle left in my pocket
no two sense left to give.

It would be senseless to tell you how rich you could have been
if you would have allowed me to give you change
but you calculated too much and fucked up the math
so instead you're paying interest like a credit card purchase
the investment already tapped out
but you'll be paying long after the delivery was offered.

I didn't ask you to invest more than time with me
and I know that is a lot to ask when time is so precious
but like precious gems I thought I was worthy of these riches
I never asked you're exchange rate
just simply if there was interest
and you assured it was worth it
so I was all in at the table
tryin to keep my pokerface hidden
I wouldn't want you think this was a game

I had nothing but hearts in my hand
I tried to flush it out of my system
to fold before the stakes were too high
but before I could breath the bets were placed
and at the last second YOU folded

threw your cards on the table and walked away
leaving your pair of hearts defeated
before you had the chance to read me
you could have won my hand
but instead considered it wasn't worth raising the stakes for
now your mistake left me breathless and you broke.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home