Let me be Colorful

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Potential Unmet

We parted like lips of lovers too soon pulled away
leaving only longing and space between us
Goodbyes never filled our airwares
only the brighter side of departures shone through
we would meet up somewhere new and call it home
but the last time I heard from you
you were working for your uncle in the same small town you grew up in
when we spoke before this you had dreams
bigger than an astronaut wanting to kiss the moon
you wanted to swallow it whole like fruit to absorb every wonder it offered you
dreams fuller than galazxies sprinkled in heavens dew
stars filled your eyes when you spoke of all you could do
but that's all over now
I never kept record of the breath we shared
I kept it in beating pulses that brought beauty to slient moments
never awkward but awkwardly full
seeing that it had only been a short stay in atmospheres
where our arms connected
counting days on a calendar can not define the depth
of what your unfolded open heart's inner workings offered.
we would stand in silence just waiting
for the right moment to pass us
where our thoughts collided
like cars on curvy country roads bringing moments of tomorrow to a hault.
Head on we traveled
headstrong and heavy hearted
you broke from me like the clasp on a friendship necklce
and we hadn't spoke in years
yearly phonecalls around brithday never returned
yet every day my soul could feel whole for a minute
just thinking of converstaion and car rides
that left an unmistakable completeness the way you would feel after eating the moon
you wanted to have children and a home made of glass
so the beauty of the heavens could seep through your windows
caressing every inch of you
from ceiling to floor you had envisioned so much more
and convinced me I was worth this too
and it wasn't in what you said but how you would speak
and how your eyes would actually look into me
when they would meet for a moment
and if I would have known this was the last time I would see you
I would have hugged you tighter
so that your heart's beat would be ingrained in my chest
I would have held on longer
so that the love that will not die with you would have been stressed
and if I would have known that this goodbye would be our last
I would have written it in my blood to give you life after death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home