Let me be Colorful

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

sweetdreams

I have been buried beneath the bedsheets of summer
enjoying the slumber of warm starlight nights
wrapped in the moons exhalations
I could have gotten lost in blankets of fall with you
but our ending came at the cusp of changing seasons
colder now frost instead of dew stopping once green fields from growing
and soon it will be snowing and winter somehow always brings less daylight
but our romance existed within moonlight so maybe the stars will see us again

Nervous the way first kisses ought to be
like falling. this feeling of forgetting why we should hold back
never letting another close enough to feel your heart's beat
murmuring messages of wanting anothers message to include you
Hesistant because it hurt the last time
Resistant because the simplicity
at which I approached you was overwhelming
I asked for nothing but moments
and somehow to you thought that meant
I wanted more than you were offering
but your lips pressed against mine
spoke to me in syllables making me falter
I was headed headstrong in my hearts navigation
and then suddenly caught up
in the way you'd whisper sweetdreams
before we'd put the converstaion on hold until morning
We speak in punctuation now only questions
exclaiming that we needed a pause,
but I was hoping for a run-on sentence
holding us accountable for every parathesis and undertone

This paragraph pertains to you
and I had hoped it would contain you
like a thought between commas
but my thoughts have been comatose
almost long enough that the inks fading
so in the future how will I know this story was written?
This tale of a dummy and I the vantriliquist
throwing my voice from my heart
hoping that it would get caught in your chest
so you could regurgetate my novel of knowing
that the moon no longer whispers sweetdreams
and morning is the beginning of this silent sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home